El Pueblo seeks motivated individuals to work as paid phone canvassers for its “Get-Out-The-Vote” campaign for the 2014 Primary Elections.
• Phone canvassers will serve as the direct contact between the El Pueblo and Latino voters in North Carolina.
• Phone canvassers will be recording call outcomes on a simple online database. Through live telephone calls, phone canvassers will motivate Latinos to participate in the 2014 Primary Elections.
**No prior experience is necessary (training will be provided).
This is an entry level, part-time / temporary position starting at $10.00 per hour. The position will start April 21, 2014 and end on May 7, 2014.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a must
• Ability to follow general script and adjust as needed to audience
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills on the telephone
• Be energetic and enthusiastic in encouraging people to participate in the American political process
• Punctuality – shifts have pre-set start times
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
• Knowledge of basic computer functions (typing, navigating the internet)
• Positive attitude, detail-oriented, highly motivated and organized
• Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
• Supportive of the mission and philosophy of El Pueblo
All phone canvassers will be required to attend two training sessions. Training session dates are TBD.
PLEASE EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST BY CONTACTING MIKE FIGUERAS MIKE@ELPUEBLO.ORG (919)835-1525